Global Research Platform
Management & Research
Social Entrepreneur •
Community Advocate & Speaker •
Health & Fitness Instructor •
Tanecia Newman, a native of Roanoke, VA, has four years of experience as a professional fitness instructor. Identifying, understanding, and personally experiencing the numerous benefits of exercise, Tanecia started her own fitness business, NewMan Fitness, LLC. She has combined her love for dance, her will to stay fit, and her desire for helping women and young girls to operate with the passion to encourage, inspire, and empower individuals to transform and become emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually fit through exercise. As a two-time survivor of domestic violence (as a teenager and adult), Tanecia found that dance fitness helped her heal and overcome the emotional, mental, and physical trauma attached to the abuse she endured. Tanecia uses her dance fitness platform to help raise awareness about domestic violence. Every October, hundreds attend her annual “Purple Passion” Dance Fitness Party in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness month, which raises money for local nonprofit organizations that assist victims of domestic violence. NewMan Fitness, LLC is on a mission to help change lives one fitness class at a time.
Since its inception in 2016, the company has grown its fitness programs to offer a variety of specialty formats, accommodating every fitness levels, to include: active older adults (senior fitness), aquatic (pool exercise), High Intensity Interval Training (H.I.I.T.), Kids (dance fitness), and Zumba®. As owner-operator and an independent contractor, NewMan Fitness, LLC services public, private, and corporate entities throughout the Hampton Roads area. This includes being the resident fitness instructor for the Flowering Almond Spa and Diamond Resorts in Virginia Beach, and the monthly featured guest at Pembroke Mall, where Tanecia instructors a Zumba ® Kids Dance Fitness program that is free and open to the general public. Tanecia is an award winning fitness instructor who has established numerous corporate and public partnerships, lead various community outreach events, and headed a host of social and economic initiatives assisting the underserved and those in underprivileged areas gain access to free or low cost fitness programs.
NewMan Fitness is an innovative company that adds value to businesses by providing high-quality, high-demand fitness programs in an evolving health conscious world.
Motherhood is by far the most challenging and rewarding obligation ever. I strive to be an positive example of a hardworking, classy, respectable woman, balancing motherhood and my career. In today’s world I feel it's important for young girls and women to have these positive examples.
• Promote participant health and wellness.
• Facilitate safe and effective group exercise classes for hotel guest, spa patrons,
and general public.
• Provides innovative fitness activities that generates a minimum of 20% increase
in Spa sales and help achieve $1 million in sales.
• Contributed to $172,000 sales increase and receiving the Trip Advisor top
ranking as the #1 rated spa in Virginia Beach.
Licensed Zumba Instructor
Group Fitness Instructor
Virginia Beach, VA
January 2014 – Current
"Tanecia Newman of NewMan Fitness has been and continues to be an amazing motivator for our ongoing free program, Zumba Kids. She is full of energy, enthusiasm and creativity.
We have benefited from her positive attitude and her way of working well with all ages to encourage kids and parents to achieve a healthy and active lifestyle."
• Alyssa Valaden, Marketing Assistant
Pembroke Square Associates, LLC
Pembroke Mall, Zumba® Kids
• Provide monthly dance-fitness sessions designed to promote
• Facilitate and maintain a fun, exciting, and engaging
• Choreograph kid-friendly routines.
• 2018 | COVA Best of: Fitness Program Flowering Almond
Spa: Coastal Virginia Magazine
• 2017 | Trip Advisor: #1 ranking spa: Fitness Program
contributed to Trip Advisor top ranking as the #1 rated spa
in Virginia Beach
• 2017 | $1 million: Fitness program contributed to Flowering
Almond Spa becoming a $1 million spa for the first time in
• 2016 | Health and Fitness Award: ACHI Magazine
• The Aerobics and Fitness Association of America
Certification (AFAA) | 2018
• First Aid/ CPR/AED. National Safety Council
Virginia Beach, VA | 2018
• Bachelor of Business Administration
(Legal Studies Concentration)
Strayer University, Chesapeake, VA | 2010
• Associate of Applied Science (Paralegal Studies)
National Business College of Technology
Virginia Beach, VA | 2002
• Financial Acumen/Budget Planning
• Policy and Procedure Administration
• Accounting and Bookkeeping
• Retail & Merchandise Management
• MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Insurance Billing
• Operating Systems, Software, Hardware & Networking
© 2019 GoResearch.Me is a service by Binchmark (DevelopMyProject.com), An award-winning project development company.